Saturday, June 12, 2010

So far so great in Michigan!

This week went by really well. Most of the time I was out on my own in the field collecting beach water samples and doing pool inspections. I'm pretty comfortable doing these things on my own. So far I have had good responses from pool operators when I've told them I have to close their pool. They have all been so nice and understanding. I spend a lot of time in the sun, and I like it, but my farmers tan is already starting.

I'm so excited it's the weekend! Yesterday I bought some cookware and this morning I was able to actually cook in the kitchenette on my hall!!! I've also been trying some different restaurants in the area that we don't have in the south. I went to this restaurant with another intern called Olga's Kitchen. I think it's greek, but not sure. The food was awesome.
Also, there's this store here kind of like a Wal-mart, but better. It's call Meijer, I've started going there for essentials. When I get home in the evenings, I love to relax or go to the coffee house down the road to use the internet. It reminds me of the coffee house I used to work at in Charlotte. On Tuesday, Evan was born (nephew #2). I can't wait to see him and more pictures.

In July my sister is coming to visit me. We are planing to go to Toronto, Canada for a day since it is only 5 hours away. I really want to go to the Detroit Zoo and a baseball game while she is here. I haven't sent out any post cards yet because I haven't seen any. This area is not really a tourist area so that's probably why, but I'll keep looking.

Overall, I'm doing well and meeting lots of people! Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment