Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Life on the road..literally

It's been a month since I've started my internship here in Michigan. Its been great. I'm getting use to driving around in an unfamiliar place and I don't have to always pull out the GPS now. Sometimes I'm glad not to use it because it can be distracting. I'm also getting use to being asked 'where are you from' everyday. I didn't think my southern accent was that strong but I guess it's really noticeable here. I've tried talking in a northern accent and I think it just makes me sound more southern. The weather here is really nice also, when its not raining every other day. It pretty much stays in the 80s, with some chilly mornings. It rained on me a little bit out in the field today, but I haven't had any issues with the weather restricting me from doing any pool inspections or beach sampling.

Last week and so far this week I've done a lot of shadowing in different programs at the health department. It's been really awesome to get a overall view of how other inspections are done and it will give me a better idea of what I would like to do in the future. I have an interest for the well program, so I would like to do more shadowing in that area. Today I saw a Geothermal well. The geothermal system basically heats and cools the water for the heating, ventilating and air-conditioning of a home or business! I thought it was really awesome and it's suppose to be more cost-efficient.

I finally found some post cards, so if I don't have your address send it to me and I will send you one! I can't believe June is almost over!

1 comment:

  1. i love reading your blog! i'm glad you are enjoying your internship! i miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete