Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Back in NC

After two months in Michigan I'm back home in NC! It's really good to be back home to more familiar places and faces :) Being in Michigan was great and I had an amazing experience working for the health department. I learned a lot about myself and how to deal with certain situations and unexpected moments. The summer went by super fast and my last two weeks were crazy busy. I delivered letters to pools that still weren't meeting the requirements of a public swimming pool, ie. no license/fees. By the end of the internship I was ready for a vacation. My parents came up to help me bring my things back and we did a little sight seeing. We went to Michigan's upper peninsula and it was beautiful. Though it wasn't much cooler. Apparently the summer I'm in Michigan it decides to be one of the hottest summers. We visited Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in Munising and Mackinac Island. Mackinac Island was really interesting because of Fort Mackinac and the fact that there were no cars just bicycles and horses. Michigan is a great place to visit. Since I've been home I've been unpacking and getting rid of old things that I don't need anymore. Also, I've been working on finishing up my internship assignments. I have some jobs to apply for and I may get a part time job until I find something more permanent. I hope everyone is doing well and I do miss that I won't be living up at Western this year, but I hope to visit! Will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment