Thursday, October 14, 2010

Through faith in Christ: trust

I hope everyone is doing well!! It really seems like time has flown by since I got back from Michigan. It feels like yesterday I was actually there!! These past few months has been good for me to rest and God definitely has been showing me more of himself. I'll admit some days feel so wasteful considering I'm still job hunting, but I'm slowly learning to accept that even though I'm not where I want to be, I'm still making a difference in this world by helping my family out day to day. Last night I read a chapter out of the book "Strong Women, Soft Hearts" by Paula Rinehart called Trust: The Art of Falling Backward and there were some points that were good for me to hear. I feel like I write and read about trust a lot, haha. But it's a good question to ask yourself daily. Do you trust God? And how I answer that question daily is based on how I live my life daily. God is so amazing and creative in the ways he just wants us to realize that all we need to do is trust him. God is in control and everything happens in his own perfect way. Anyways, here are some points in the chapter that really stuck with me.

A major turning point in my life came when I realized that being able to trust God is grounded in staking the whole of my being on the reality that he loves me.


Before the foundation of the world, in a way you can never earn, beyond the validation of any human being, you are loved.


Trust is rooted in being loved. God loves us and is so faithful. I often neglect/underestimate the depth and height of God's love and it affects my ability to trust him.


Eph 3:17-19 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith--that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment